You may have noticed that a new Team Member Licence SKU was launched in October 2018.
What sets this licence apart from the previous version was the removal of the crucial Create/Update/Delete usage rights for any Accounts records in your Dynamics solution and the restriction of these rights on other entities to a maximum of 15 custom entities. This means that a person with a Teams Licence can no longer do anything other than view Accounts records.
You may have purchased this new SKU already but not noticed any changes to any functionality as to date these restrictions, while they have been in place, have not been enforced.
This is all set to change with the introduction in new Team Member App modules which were shared in the 2020 release wave 1 plan From 01/04/20 users licenced with Teams licences will have to use the new, restricted app modules and not be able to see Sales Hub or Customer Service Hub apps.
What does it mean for me?
Here’s a brief illustration of the way these changes will impact users with Team Member licences:
- Licence Enforcement – licence-based access will restrict Team
Member users to the new app modules for the following:
- Customer Service Team Member
- Sales Team Member
- Project Resource Hub.
- Sales Team Member App Module – Users licenced
by a Sales Team Member licence will access Dynamics 365 via a new module
for Team Member licences that will allow the following:
- viewing customer details,
- viewing leads/opportunities on a customer record,
- creating/viewing activities for customer record,
- on related leads
- Customer Service Team Member App Module – Customer Service Team Member users will access Dynamics 365 via a new app module specifically for their user type. This will enable access restricted to the Team Member usage rights for:
- creating cases,
- reading/updating the user’s own cases
- searching/viewing knowledge articles
What should I do now?
- Log into your Power Platform Admin Centre to view the Reports being made available which will highlight instances where a usage is out of compliance with use rights.
What should I make sure I do before 01/04/20?
- Check in with the features available for early access here
- Ask your solution administrators to preview the impact of these changes by enabling the new Team Member Security roles within your environments so that the impact of these changes for end users can be assessed,
- Review your Dynamics 365 or Power Platform licencing requirements with these changes in mind.
What if I need more help?
Call us on 01453 796182, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d be happy help you plan for these changes.
Wendy Clifford is a Business Consultant with Cloud 2020 and is a non-techie techie fascinated by the positive changes a Dynamics 365 and Power Platform solution can bring to businesses like yours.
You can follow her on twitter @wendyjclifford